National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
NCQA is a national organization that accredits both Managed Behavioral Health Organizations (MBHOs) and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs). Magellan leads the industry in NCQA accreditation and is uniquely positioned to work with MCO customers to take full advantage of new NCQA standards and guidelines.
- Magellan has more sites with NCQA Full Accreditations than any other MBHO.
- Magellan was instrumental in helping NCQA shape its MBHO accreditation program by providing NCQA with extensive feedback on draft standards and hosting pilot corporate and site reviews.
- Magellan was the first MBHO to complete a corporate survey in which scores were received that apply to sites' surveys.
- Magellan's quality improvement program to reduce inpatient mental health readmissions was selected by NCQA for inclusion in its benchmarking publication, Quality Profiles. Magellan was the first MBHO to have a program included in this publication.
Magellan's 11 three-year-full NCQA-accredited sites include:
King of Prussia
American Accreditation Health Care Commission/URAC
34 Magellan sites have been granted "Full Re-Accreditation" by the American Accreditation Health Care Commission under the Health Utilization Management Standards. URAC accreditation is an indication that a managed care organization has the necessary structures and processes to promote high quality care and preserve patient rights.
- Magellan has had sites accredited by URAC since 1992.
- Magellan holds more URAC Accreditations for Health Utilization Management than any other MBHO.
- Magellan was the first MBHO to be accredited under URAC's Case Management standards.
Council on Accreditation (COA)/Employee Assistance Society of North America (EASNA)
Magellan has full four-year Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Accreditation from the Council on Accreditation (COA) in conjunction with the Employee Assistance Society of North America (EASNA). Magellan is the first and only managed behavioral health organization (MBHO) to have this distinction. Magellan is also one of one of only six EAP vendors in the US and Canada to hold joint accreditation with EASNA and COA. In fact, Magellan helped COA in the development of these standards by participating in the beta rollout of the program in 2000.
The accreditation recognizes Magellan Health Services for meeting rigorous standards for professional performance in the delivery of high quality EAP services. Magellan's full four-year COA accreditation for EAP services runs through January of 2007.